Till startsida
To content Read more about how we use cookies on gu.se


International Student Office at the Faculty of Education

Placement as informed here is to be understood as unsalaried work attached to a researcher, teacher or organization (outgoing), that at University of Gothenburg is handled by a department or faculty. We handle all incoming and most outgoing placement students. Outgoing Erasmus placement students are handled by International Centre, europe@gu.se .

The placement or thesis work is usually a part of the students education at the home university. Both placement and thesis work is regulated with an agreement in writing between the sending and receiving parties in regards to the placement or thesis work period. This agreement is central and a prerequisite to the insurance issued by the University of Gothenburg.

The student contacts the researcher or teacher with whom the student wishes to do placement or thesis work with. A programme coordinator, director of studies or similar at the home university authorizes the placement or thesis work period. A supervisor or contact person at the receiving department then contacts ISOP regarding a planned placement or thesis work. A link to the Mobility online system is then sent to the student. After completing the form, the placement and thesis work students is covered by emergency planning and insurance policies available at the university.

This is only valid upon the following two(2) terms:

  1. Placement or thesis work is regulated in a written agreement between University of Gothenburg and the sending university.
  2. The insurance is valid during the time of education as stated in Mobility Online (or in specific cases LADOK).

Otherwise the receiving department may take out another insurance policy at the departments cost, to specific students.


Services at the department:

Student account for non-course students is not available, making entry- and library cards needing to be manually ordered.

Nomination and Application Process 

  • You have to be nominated by your home university.
  • You have to get a Letter of Acceptance from the receiving department.
  • The receiving department informs ISOP.
  • You will then receive information on how to apply for your placement or thesis work.
  • Before arriving, the receiving department is responsible for a written agreement regarding the placement or thesis work is in place, has correct dates and is sent to ISOP.

Staff at the International Student Office

Patricia Perla, International Study Administrator (mainly incoming students)
Phone +46 (0)31 786 2031, Tuesday and Wednesday 9-12

Sara Haug Andersson, International Education Officer (mainly outgoing students and placements)

Phone +46 (0)31 786 2101, Monday and Tuesday 9-12

Send e-mail to ISOP

Page Manager: Linda Morgan|Last update: 10/7/2019

The University of Gothenburg uses cookies to provide you with the best possible user experience. By continuing on this website, you approve of our use of cookies.  What are cookies?